La Cuisine is a must-visit for food lovers and casual observers alike. As our premier cooking competition, La Cuisine attracts eight international teams of Michelin recognized chefs. During the 2-day event, the teams use their skills to tell a story about a set theme with only the raw ingredients they are provided.
The competition is endorsed by WACS (The World Association of Chefs' Societies), ensuring the highest standards.
Location：Shanghai New International Expo Center
Time：18th-20th, May, 2023
Bruce Yuhao Niu
Manuel Alejandro Gutierrez Moreno
Chen Gang—Worldchefs Certified A Judge (World Association of Chefs’ Societies)
As the leader of the National Expert Team for Cooking (Western Cuisine) at the 45th WorldSkills Competition, he led the team to win the bronze medal in Kazan, Russia, creating a new chapter in China’s Western food industry and achieving a new breakthrough in the Western food industry.
The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security designated him as a professional leader to produce various vocational training courses through live or recorded broadcast on the online training platform of skill masters, in accordance with national occupational standards.
Professional leader for online training approved by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security
Leader of the National Expert Team for Cooking (Western Cuisine) at the 45th WorldSkills Competition
Worldchefs Certified A Judge (World Association of Chefs’ Societies)
Senior Judge for National Vocational Skills Appraisal
Member of the Famous Chefs Committee of the World Association of Chinese Cuisine
Honorary Titles and Certificates
Shanghai Skill Master
Shanghai Outstanding Contribution Award for Training Skilled Talents
Shanghai Changzheng Craftsmen
30 Years Meritorious Services in the Catering Industry in China Award
China Golden Chef Award
Industry Elite at the 60th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China
Golden Cup Award for Chinese Culinary Masters
Alfred Pichler—Worldchefs Certified B Judge (World Association of Chefs’ Societies)
Chief Chef during high-class social activities at “Palace Hotel Ringstraße” in Vienna
Responsible for national receptions and the reception for the G20 Summit in Genoa, Italy
Served Presidents Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush, HRE, Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, Prince Anne, President Hu Jintao, and the Sultan of Oman.
1) Judge at the China Western Cuisine Skills Competition
2) Judge at trials for the 2018 WorldSkills China
3)Judge at the 2019 China International Top Chef Invitational Competition
4) Judge for Western Cuisine at the 2019 Chongqing International Culinary Challenge
5) Judge at the Asia Region of Global Chefs Challenge
Peter Noedler World Association of Chefs' Societies Class B referee
Personal experience and honours
Executive Chef Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, Shanghai China；
November 2014 – April 2022：In charge of 3 outlets and banquet facilities, overseeing 88 chefs and stewards；
Focusing on culinary diversity, extending business opportunities and controlling costs ensuring highest profitability；
Establishing hygiene system and control points, initiating and executing kitchen and buffet renovations and refurbishments；
Executive Chef, task force Radisson Blu Hotel, Liuzhou China；
July 2014 – November 2014：Executive Chef The Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai China；
Feb 2014 – July 2014：Executive Chef The St. Regis Tianjin, Tianjin China;
2011 – 2013：Pre-opening team leader of culinary operation for the 274 keys five-star hotel；Executive Chef Gloria Hotel Media City, Dubai UAE.
2009 – 2011：Pre-opening team leader of kitchen operation for the 2100 units all-suites hotel MASTER CHEF WITH 30 YEARS INTERNATIONAL CULINARY.
Consultant Executive Chef Bavaria Hotels International, Dubai UAE.
2006 - 2009 : B.H.I. properties Dubai, Doha, Ajman & Sharjah, design of food production & buffet;
Responsible for concept development of F&B outlets for B.H.I.
Raphaël Vetri World Association of Chefs' Societies Class B referee
Personal experience and honors
Jan 2016-May 2019
1) Chartwells, Compass China, Shanghai, China.
2) Executive for the French and German School, District manager for the French；
3) School Pudong and the German School Pudong Menu planning, Recipe training, Manning, Staff Hiring interview, Canteen committee, Budget, ISO.
Jan 2015 - Oct 2015
1) Restaurant-Ecole Institut Paul Bocuse, Shanghai, China.
2) General Manager & Exe. Chef - 40 students - 11 employees Finances, budget, driving operation, staff development, relation with sponsors, establish the training program for the students;
3) Menu design, culinary team management. Front of the house team supervision.
Sept 2012 -Jan 2015
1) Mr & Mrs Bund Modern Eatery By Paul Pairet. Shanghai, China.
2) Head Chef. Culinary team management and training, Recipe development, Food Cost Monitoring, Product sourcing. In charge of the Kitchen floor plan design and equipment selection for the new kitchen during the restaurant renovation.
Roberto Bernasconi World Association of Chefs' Societies Class B referee
Personal experience and honors
15/June/2010 to 20/Feb/2014 Operator manager and chief executive chef in Gennaro Restaurant Gubei branch
01/Oct/2009 to 01/June/2010 Chef of Da Marco Pudong branch
27/July/2006 to 23/Sep/2009 Chef of Pasta Fresca ltd Shanghai. 2 years in Zuny Road Branch, 1 year in Hongmei Branch. During 3 years, several missions in Qindao Branch.
2002 to 2004 Seasons Chef of Agriturismo Padre Sergio, contrada CristoRe Monopoli (Bari)
Saburo Kanai—Worldchefs Certified B Judge (World Association of Chefs’ Societies)
Chief Chef at Hilton Tokyo Japanese Cuisine Department
Chief Chef and General Manager at Sho Chiku Bai for Japanese Cuisine
General Manager at Itoya (Ruijin Store) in Shanghai
Chief Chef and Manager at Sakura Garden at Jinling Hotel in Nanjing
Deputy General Manager and Chief Chef at Japanese Restaurant Kanai Charyo
1) Top 10 Chefs in Asia
2) Judge of the Chinese Celebrity Chef Cooking Skills Competition
3) Honorary Chairman of Celebrity Chef Committee of Shenzhen Catering Service Trade Association
4) Judge of Sanhe Cup China Sushi Invitational Tournament
Peter Lin— Worldchefs Certified B Judge (World Association of Chefs’ Societies)
The champion of the China Region at the Bocuse d'Or, he has served as a registered judge of the Chinese Cuisine Association for many Michelin restaurants and has offered professional training in Germany, the United States, France, and Singapore.
Being a part of the culinary industry for nearly two decades, Peter has always cherished the original aspiration of “respecting ingredients and loving cooking”—he strives for perfection, and is willing to accept challenges and refining the technology and taste of Western cuisine by integrating it with Chinese cuisine.
1) Champion of China Region at the Bocuse d'Or in 2013 and 2015
2) Chef at Sens & Bund at Bund 18—2007
3) SOUS CHEF at The Peninsula Shanghai—2009
4) Chef of Café Gray Deluxe at The Middle House Shanghai—2017
5) External Expert for Cooking (Western Cuisine) at the 45th WorldSkills Competition
6) Judge of China Region of the Bocuse d'Or in 2018
Zhong Lei—Worldchefs Certified B Judge (World Association of Chefs’ Societies)
Senior Culinary Consultant at Unilever Food Solutions
Leader of China Culinary Team at the 2020 IKA Culinary Olympics—won 2 golds, 1 silver, and 1 bronze medal
National Senior Culinary Technician and National Intermediate Nutrition Instructor
Representative of China Culinary Team at the 2016 IKA Culinary Olympics—won two silver medals
Rated as a registered culinary master in China by the Chinese Cuisine Association
Consultant for renowned restaurants in China (e.g., Chaimen, Wangshunge, and Haihuihai)
Special guest chef for Food Column of Shanghai Entertainment Channel
Guest lecturer at School of Tourism and Cuisine, Yangzhou University
Guest lecturer at Guilin Tourism University
Guest lecturer at Qingdao Vocational and Technical College of Hotel Management
1) Designated expert judge at the 2018 FHC Intercontinental Top Chef Competition
2) Expert judge at the 2018 Chinese Cuisine World Championship
3) Expert judge at the 2018 Sabor Fusion Star Chef Finals
4) Expert judge at the 2020 Ningbo International Young Chef Invitational Competition
5) Expert judge at the trials for 2020 National Vocational Skills Competition
Tel: +86 (0)10-6588 5639
Tel: +86 (0)10-8572 8347